This website is operated by Vitesse Media Plc, referred to in this policy as "we" or "us".
We are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy online while providing a personalised and valuable service.
This policy explains:
• what personal information we collect about you and your use of this website
• how this information is used – including use for administration and service provision, direct marketing, etc – and how you can opt out of this
• who we share personal information with and why
• how we protect your information
• how you can update your details
• our use of data for statistical purposes
• changes to this policy.
Please note that this policy only applies to websites of the Vitesse Media Plc group and not to the websites of other organisations to which we provide links. We cannot accept responsibility for how other sites collect and use your personal data and you should check their privacy policies for details.
The personal information we collect about you and your use of this website
We collect personal information including your name, email address, payment details and user profile information where applicable through our site registration and via our order and registration forms. Where the information is compulsory, in order to enable us to provide a service to you, this is clearly marked on the forms and within the registration. In other cases the provision of information is voluntary but, if given, will help us to provide you with a better or more personalised service.
You can delete cookies previously sent by us from your computer and set your browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, giving you the chance to decide whether to accept it. Information on how to do this can be accessed via the help function on your browser.
Please note that if you change your privacy settings to reject cookies we may not be able to provide you with subscription services that have a log-in procedure.
How this information is used:
Administration and service provision
We use and store the information we collect:
• for any purpose made clear on the collection forms or related pages, including fulfilling orders and billing purposes
• to give you log in details for access privileges.
If you do not wish us to store your credit card details please contact us as per the "Updating your details" section below.
In addition, when you register or subscribe to one of our services, we send you a cookie to help us recognise you. This means that you will not have to log in each time you visit and we will be able to give you the correct access privileges and remember your preferences.
Information-Age.com is owned and published by Vitesse Media Plc, an AIM listed publishing house. While we've made every effort to ensure the information and details on the site and in our newsletters are correct, we do not and cannot guarantee that it is, and we therefore exclude any liability up to the maximum amount that the law allows.
We therefore regret that we cannot be responsible for any loss you may suffer as a result of any omission or inaccuracy. Also, please note that the entries displayed on the site are in no way a specific endorsement of companies, products or services. Vitesse Media does not accept any liability for the content of external websites.
Terms & Conditions relating to Information Age Magazine subscription/request:
Information Age serves the following industries: finance/banking/insurance, retail, wholesale, travel/tourism, distribution/transportation/logistics, manufacturing/engineering, pharmaceuticals/biotechnology, telecommunications, professional/business services, construction/property development, utilities/energy, media, agriculture/forestry/fishing, government, healthcare, education, charity/voluntary sector, IT hardware manufacturing, IT software manufacturing/development, IT distributor/reseller/systems integration, web/online/e-commerce business, internet service provider/web hosting service, IT-E services, management consultancy, and other industries allied to the field served.
Definition of recipient qualification:
Qualified recipients are CIO/CTO/IT Director/Overall Head of IT, CEO/Managing Director, CFO/Finance Director, COO/Operations Director, Sales/Marketing Director, Other Board level Director, Business Strategy Manager. IT Strategy Manager, IT/Technology Manager. Information/Knowledge/Data Manager, Networks/Telecomms Manager, Project Manager, Applications Development/Software Development Manager, Sales/Marketing Manager, Financial/Operations/ Human Resource Management, IT/Management Consultant and other titled and non titled.
Terms & Conditions relating to Conferences and Seminars
Information Age conferences & seminars may be targeted at a specific audience. This audience target may change from event to event and specific details of the audience are available from the event marketing team. Free delegate spaces will be reserved for qualifying IT end users excluding IT vendors and delegate spaces will be allocated on a first come first served basis. The publisher reserves the right to allocate delegate spaces as required. Delegates will receive an email confirming the free delegate space within 14 working days of registration. Non qualifying delegate applications may be offered a delegate space for a charge of £149.00 plus VAT.
Email's sent by Information Age promoting a conference are in no way an agreement or guarantee of a delegate place.
Information Age may only offer a maximum of 2 free delegate spaces per company. Additional delegate spaces maybe available for a nominal charge, details of charges are available by email.
Cancelling free delegate places:
Vitesse Media PLC reserves the right to charge delegates for cancelling free confirmed delegate places at all Information Age conferences. The cancelation fee will only apply to free delegate places cancelled within 2 weeks of the conference date or where the event organiser has not received written confirmation that the free delegate place is no longer required. The cancelation fee for the free delegate place is £74.50.
Terms & Conditions relating to Webinars and 3rd party online events
Information Age organises informative webinars and assists with 3rd party online events. From time to time we will send you an invitation to attend a webinar where you will be required to complete a registration form.
Information Age may also pre-register you for a webinar based on the subject and your preferences expressed at the time of your subscription to Information Age products. If you have been pre-registered and wish to unregister, please use the unregister link supplied. This unregister link will only apply to the current online event.
Contact data from registrations and pre-registrations may be passed to the event partner for marketing purposes. If you have used the unregister link, you data will not be shared with the event partner.
Terms & Conditions relating to the Information-Age.com survey:
1. The entry instructions form part of these rules. Entrants will be deemed to have accepted these rules by participating in this survey. By entering into this survey and entering the competition you agree that Vitesse Media Plc may use your responses to improve the website, when applicable, and also filter sponsored question results to third parties.
2. To participate in the survey, an entrant must enter a valid email address at the time of entry. Only one (1) entry per person per survey is allowed.
3. No purchase is necessary for entry to the survey.
4. Entry is open to all businesses registered and operating in the UK. No third party entries, bulk or multiple entries or entries submitted by agents will be accepted. Vitesse Media Plc reserves the right to verify the eligibility of entrants.
5. If there is an incentive as part of the survey, the prize cannot be exchanged for cash or any other goods/services. All prizes are non-transferable.
6. Vitesse Media Plc accepts no responsibility for cancellation or delay in providing the prize.
7. All prizes are provided “as is”. Vitesse Media Plc expressly disclaims any and all warranties, whether expressed or implied, relating to any of the prizes including any warranties as to merchantability or satisfactory quality or fitness for a particular purpose.
8. The closing time and date for entry to this prize draw is (TBC). Entries received by Vitesse Media Plc after this date and time will not be entered into this prize draw.
9. The winner will be selected at random from all entries received. The draw will take place on (TBC). The prize winner(s) will be notified via email by midnight on (TBC).
10. If any prize remains unclaimed for a reasonable period after reasonable efforts have been made by Vitesse Media Plc to contact the winner then Vitesse Media Plc will be entitled to dispose of the prize as it sees fit without any liability to the winner for having done so.
11. Vitesse Media Plc reserves the right to substitute a prize of similar value should the specified prize become unavailable for any reason.
12. Vitesse Media Plc reserves the right to feature the winners' names and details of the prize draw in any future promotional or publicity material on Information-Age.com and across Vitesse Media’s portfolio.
13. Vitesse Media Plc reserves the right to alter, amend or foreclose the prize draw without prior notice.
14. The decisions of Vitesse Media Plc are final and legally binding on all entrants and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. Vitesse Media Plc has arranged this prize draw in good faith, but cannot accept any liability to the entrants or prize winners whatsoever.
16. The prize draw is governed by the laws of England and Wales and all entrants agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
From time to time, we may seek your consent to:
• update you about new products and services offered by us and other members of the Vitesse Media group
• contact you for market research purposes
• share the information you provide to us with carefully selected other organisations, to enable them to send you information about products and services which may be of interest to you
In particular, we may seek your consent when you complete a form with your personal data. Please note that, even if you initially opt in to receiving communications, every time we get in touch with you, you will be told how you can opt-out of receiving any further communications from us.
If you no longer wish us to contact you by any other means than email please let us know by emailing or calling customer services on 020 7430 7040. However, please note that we reserve the right to contact you by post, email or telephone solely in relation to the administration of your service.
Who we share your information with
We have a number of business partners with whom we may share your information in order to provide a service to you, for example credit card transaction and processing providers. These partners are not permitted to use your information for any other purpose. For more information please click here
How we protect your information
When you register or subscribe to our services, we offer the use of a secure server. The secure server encrypts the information (e.g. credit card details) that you input before it is transmitted to us.
Updating your details
It is important to us that we have your correct contact information so that you don’t miss out on further correspondence or experience problems with the delivery of products. If any of your personal information changes, including your email address or payment details, or if you simply wish to cancel any subscription to any service or publication, just let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or by editing your profile on Information-Age.com, which you can do at any time.
Use of data for statistical and technical purposes
We may feed information we collect about you into anonymised statistical reports about visitors to our site and share these reports with our advertisers and other third parties. We may log the IP addresses and browser types of visitors to the site to help us analyse and resolve technical issues. This information is not linked to any personal information we hold about you.
Changes to this policy
If you have any queries or concerns about this statement, please contact us at:
Vitesse Media Plc
14 Bonhill Street
Tel: 020 7250 7010
Fax: 020 7250 7011
©Vitesse Media Plc
Information Age magazine is for all executives, regardless of job title, involved in the application of technology for strategic, competitive advantage and improved efficiency. Our editorial objective is to help our readers become more confident and successful in their use of technology, in their choice of suppliers, and in their management of people and partners.