Kaseya, the provider of IT infrastructure management solutions for both external service providers (MSPs) and internal service providers (IT departments), has announced the acquisition of ID Agent, the threat intelligence and identity monitoring provider.
Kaseya has said that this will further its IT security management suite by adding end-user protection to its existing infrastructure protection suite.
ID Agent’s products include; Dark Web ID, the channel’s number one dark web monitoring platform and BullPhish ID™, a first-of-its-kind phishing simulator and security awareness training platform. These will now join with Kaseya’s existing suite of infrastructure management security solutions to provide complete protection.
“We’re thrilled to add ID Agent, our fifth market-leading acquisition in the last 18 months, to the Kaseya family and integrate its visionary cybersecurity solutions into IT Complete, our platform to help IT organisations simplify their tech stack by providing everything an IT department could want – and more,” said Fred Voccola, CEO, Kaseya. “What Kevin Lancaster and his team have built with ID Agent is truly outstanding and its offerings are a natural fit for Kaseya’s customers as we continue to innovate our IT Complete offering to help our customers meet the challenge of implementing secure, adaptive, and scalable cybersecurity solutions under one pane of glass.”
The importance of AI in mergers and acquisitions
According to the announcement, by utilising Kaseya’s IT complete security suite, SMEs, and the MSPs who service them, can completely protect their user networks and sensitive data from cybercriminals, ransomware and other malicious attacks with:
• ID Agent Dark Web ID — combines human and sophisticated Dark Web intelligence with search capabilities to identify, analyse and proactively monitor for an organisation’s compromised or stolen employee and customer data.
• ID Agent BullPhish ID — compliments that data with simulated phishing attacks and security awareness training campaigns to educate employees, making them the best defence against cybercrime.
• AuthAnvil Identity and Access Management — secures user access using multi-factor authentication, password vaulting, and single sign-on.
• Kaseya Security Manager — scans and secures networks, servers, and endpoints from unauthorised changes and cyber attacks.
• Kaseya Patch Management — patches critical vulnerabilities in OSes and third-party software solutions.
“We’re so excited to join Kaseya. The marriage of ID Agent with Kaseya’s existing security stack will give external and internal service providers greater opportunity to be leaders in cybersecurity protection by staying ahead of emerging threats with powerful, cost-effective services,” said Kevin Lancaster, CEO, ID Agent. “This combination bolsters the IT Complete platform and adds to the tremendous momentum that has seen Kaseya grow to more than 40,000 customers worldwide.”
ID Agent will continue to operate under its existing brand and as an independent business-unit based out of its headquarters in Bowie, MD. ID Agent founder and CEO Kevin Lancaster will continue to lead the ID Agent team and will drive Kaseya’s continued security management strategy.