Cloud document management software provides organisations large or small with the best of both worlds, enabling staff to spend time away from their desks, whilst staying on top of everyday business tasks
In today’s world, business is not something that only happens in the office, in fact it can be quite the opposite.
Senior management, sales teams and other key members of staff regularly spend large amounts of time attending meetings than at their place of work.
More often than not, work is now referred to as something you do, rather than somewhere you go.
With key decision makers out of the office for lengthy time periods and continuous pressure to implement flexible working hours, the adoption of a cloud document management system is most definitely a step in the right direction, to ensuring business continuity.
Project collaboration and document sharing is the key to making sure staff can work together at all times, regardless of their location.
Other functions include:
- Storing a range of document types in one central location, including contracts, sales materials, employee records and business plans.
- Approve, query and provide feedback on business documents whenever and wherever, without delay.
- Restrict user access to confidential business information.
- Search for files using a single keyword.
- Keep track of edits being made to documents and access all previous versions.
- Flag up when files are due to expire and ready for deletion.
Cloud based technology is fast evolving, enabling us to stay in close contact with people across the globe.
As individuals you may not realise it but you probably rely on cloud more than you think, as a means communication and to back up our personal data and media.
The same theory applies to the business environment, cloud document management makes the workplace a far more productive place, improving communication with colleagues and backing up crucial records.