Today’s younger generation has been brought up with advanced technology so it is little wonder that so many are interested in a career in this field. In addition, the technology field is one that is constantly evolving and therefore offers many excellent opportunities for tech minded individuals.
Entering a career in tech can be highly lucrative as well as exciting. This is a fast moving industry that is always advancing, and as things stand at the moment there will never be a shortage of jobs within this industry like there are in others. This is why so many people decide to go into technology as their career choice.
>See also: The UK’s largest cities for tech jobs
Of course, you may need to go to university to gain qualifications that boost your chance of entry into this field. However, even if you have to take our student finance to do this, you can find out how to consolidate private student loans to reduce the costs involved. In addition, with the money you could earn from this type of work, you can more easily repay any student debt you have.
Some great tech jobs to consider
There are many different tech jobs that you can consider if you have an interest in this area. Some of the top ones to try and get into include:
• Systems architect: As a systems architect, you can earn a huge amount of money. The median salary for this type of job is in excess of $97,000. Your job would be to create
networking and computer systems. You would also need to configure and operate these networks including the provision of technical support.
• Data architect: These professionals are responsible for the integration and maintenance of data for businesses. In order to do this job, you need to have a good understanding of the relationship between the data and the business. You also need to adapt data in line with organisational changes. The median salary for this type of job is over $100,000.
• Software specialist: As a software specialist you would provide development personnel with the tools and resources required to create the perfect system. You need to have a strong awareness of how systems will provide solutions so that the development is taken in the right direction. The median salary for this type of job is in excess of $105,000.
>See also: UK tech job prospects down as Brexit looms
• Software engineer management: As a manager in software engineering, you would head up a team that develops and maintains different types of software. You need to combine your technical knowledge with managerial and leadership skills in order to get into this type of position. If you are lucky enough to get a job as a software engineer manager, you could be earning close to $110,000, which is the median salary.
• Applications development management: Working in applications development as a manager could net you a median salary of over $112,000. Again, you need to demonstrate strong leadership skills as well as technical skills in app development. If you can do this, you can enjoy a great job in a growing industry with an excellent remuneration package.
As you can see, there is a huge amount of money to be made if you get into the right job within the tech industry.
The UK’s largest conference for tech leadership, Tech Leaders Summit, returns on 14 September with 40+ top execs signed up to speak about the challenges and opportunities surrounding the most disruptive innovations facing the enterprise today. Secure your place at this prestigious summit by registering here