The new threat detection service from Trend Micro will enable Vodafone business customers to protect laptops and desktops from ransomware, out-of-date applications, phishing attacks, and other online security threats.
As part of the service, Vodafone will offer the following Trend Micro Worry-Free features:
- Anti-ransomware protection – providing the latest technologies to protect businesses against the latest crypto and ransomware threats;
- URL filtering – compares webpages against a database to prevent employees from accessing un-productive and harmful sites such as phishing web pages;
- Data protection – provides tools to prevent sensitive data from leaving the business via email, USB, CD/DVD, for example;
- Smart protection network – this uses a global network of threat intelligence sensors to continually update email, web, and file reputation databases in the cloud, identifying and blocking threats in real time to improve performance and protection;
- Cloud dashboard for centralised management – providing complete control of the security of all devices, wherever they are, with a cloud-based dashboard accessible via a web browser;
- Tailored options – ensuring customers only pay for the protection they need.
Additionally, the offering allows users to manage all company bills, security notifications and licences in one place using Vodafone Business Marketplace.
The service, which is compatible across Windows, Mac, Android, and iOS devices, as well as Microsoft 365, G Suite, Box, Dropbox and Salesforce cloud services, adds to Vodafone’s specialist cyber security portfolio, which includes its Cloud Backup and Lookout Mobile Security offerings.
Vendor collaboration in cyber security industry essential during Covid-19
“With more employees than ever before working from home because of the Covid-19 pandemic, cyber threats are more prevalent than they have ever been,” said Anne Sheehan, business director at Vodafone UK.
“We are here to help businesses ensure that remote working is safe and secure. We are delighted to have teamed up with Trend Micro to enhance our security offering for our business customers.”
Bharat Mistry, principal security strategist at Trend Micro, commented: “Whatever their size, organisations are struggling to manage an uptick in cyber threats targeting the devices of those employees who are working from home. That’s why we’ve partnered with Vodafone.
“Backed by Trend Micro’s 30+ years’ industry experience and delivered by Vodafone, a highly trusted technology communications company, this comprehensive set of security capabilities will give tremendous value and peace of mind for Vodafone customers.”
Recent research from Vodafone found that 90% of UK organisations believe that cyber security is vital to their future.