The cover star of IA’s July/August summer issue is Tracey McDermott, CIO of the UK’s largest independent hospital group, BMI Healthcare. While doctors and medicines help keep people healthy, McDermott demonstrates how technology is also a winning remedy by upgrading the organisation’s legacy estate to a more centralised, web-based environment.
We also speak to the CIO of Unipart Automotive, Dominic Ruscillo, who is driving the UK’s largest car part supplier back on the road to profitability with a major IT refresh, and Tom Reilly on his one-year anniversary as CEO of big data pioneer Cloudera.
Also in this issue:
- CIO as Frankenstein: Creating a monster infrastructure with web-scale IT
- 20 UK-based tech startups you should know about
- Hot source: the rise of IT outsourcing
- Securing wearable devices in the enterprise
- Can old information lifecyclemanagement (ILM) practices still cut it when data lives in the cloud?
- Analyst Eye: The rise of the ‘business consumer’ requires a digital workplace
- Column: Innovation will depend on the willingness to abandon old mindsets